On Fri, Jan 27, 2023, 6:56 AM Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Hm. I took typing in 7th grade and was able to type at a solid 70 words
> per minute. And it's the only class I flunked in.
>
> Reason: We had selectrics with all the letters wiped off the keyboards
> to encourage us to type properly. I couldn't do it, so instead I simply
> memorized the keyboard layout, then did 3 finger+2 thumb hunt and peck
> through the class.

Roughly similar with me. But in my case, I found the "proper" finger and
wrist posture that was enforced to be extremely unnatural and uncomfortable
(and probably why Carpal Tunnel Syndrome became a thing). So I developed my
own style that involves basically 2-3 fingers on the left hand, 1-2 fingers
on the right, plus thumbs (usually the left one) for space. When I'm in the
zone I can easily achieve around 80WPM with high accuracy.

Sellam