> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 5:15 PM Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <
> cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

>> And, yes, even as a male I had typing in high school.
>>

> I had typing as an elective class in 7th grade in 1984. It gave me the
> ability to type in programs faster.
>
> Sellam
>
> C: i took typing as a senior in 1985. The lady was a former military officer,
> in her 60s or later. Everyone was scared shirtless of her. 1 puerto rican
> girl who sat up front could do 90wpm. Me, I sat in the back. I'm still a very
> flawed typist. Iow I suck.

I took typing as an elective in summer school before my senior year of high
school, in preparation for typing papers at college. I failed the class because
I would backspace and overtype the wrong character.

In college I used UCSD Pascal on Terak’s. So I could backspace to my hearts
content.

Still not a very good typist, and at least now the backspace doesn’t screw up
what I send out.

(I took care to count the number of times I had to backspace while typing this
message: 5)

    David