On 2/2/23 05:54, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:
On 2023-02-02 04:38, David Brownlee wrote:

> That reminds me (looks at 43.5T of zfs pool that has not had a scrub
> since 2021).
>
> It can be nice to have a filesystem which handles redundancy and also > the option to occasionally read all the data, check end to end > checksums (in the unlikely case a device returns a successful read > with bad data), and fixup everything. Does not eliminate the need for > remote copies, but gives a little extra confidence that the master
> copy is still what it should be :)

So, what else do you guys use, to make sure your data is safe for the years to come?

I do many backups on blu-ray DVD's, the theory is if they start to go bad, maybe partial recovery of important files will be possible due to having many copies on DVD.

This is getting a bit difficult as the amount of stuff to be backed up is just a bit too big for a single blu-ray disc.

I also do much more frequent backups to a large hard drive.

Jon