On 2/2/2023 3:54 AM, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:
So, what else do you guys use, to make sure your data is safe for the years to come?

I maintain a large SVN repository, which also serves as the backing store for my website. I rely on the backup policies at DreamHost, but I also keep at least two local copies of the complete workspace up to date, as well as an (admittedly usually rather stale) backup of the repository.

I like that the repository allows me to share stuff, and also the tools to work with the repository can trivially tell me if my local data is being corrupted.

I've also seen a work style where everything is pushed to github when "finished", but github storage limits are small and the interface is awkward to me.

        Vince