On 3/12/23 15:00, Tarek Hoteit via cctalk wrote:
Thank you so much. The links are extremely helpful. Actually, your entire blog
is excellent, Steve

Regards,
Tarek Hoteit

On Mar 12, 2023, at 12:24 PM, Steve Lewis via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

Hello. I am visiting the Computer History Museum in California next week
Tarek,

I forgot, I have my own little CHM notes page here:
https://voidstar.blog/vcf-west-2021/

Not much, since at the time not all the exhibits were re-opened yet - so
there is much more to see now-a-days. May look into the schedule of their
1401 demo (I think they do fairly regularly, but schedule may vary).

While in the area, I did make it over to Oakhurst to see the old Sierra
(software company) buildings - it was meaningful to me, but it's a far
drive.  I have notes about it at the bottom of this page:
https://voidstar.blog/san-francisco-california-2021/

-Steve

<snip>
You might check the shops across the street on maps to see their hours.  With the area, they are most likely to be open during hours when the surrounding offices are occupied during the week, so on weekends as mentioned earlier might need to go a bit to find food. But there are a lot of spots around that are good.

The Microdata 1600 I donated to the CHM is of course my favorite. In the timeline part of the display
Thanks
Jim