On 3/12/23 21:27, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

It used to be worth driving an hour to go to the Computer Literacy bookstore, . . . and the Foothill swap, before dawn, . . . even the John Craig Computer Swap America at the San Jose fairgrounds, . . .
Electronics, Etc., and Al Lasher's are gone in Berkeley,
Mike Quinn's at the Oakland airport, even Radio Shack is gone

Thanks for warping me back to 1977.  Quinn's was an amazing place to get lost in, and both Electronics Etc. and Al Lasher's saved my ass on projects on more than a few occasions.

Apparently I'm old.  Jeez.

--
Christian Kennedy, Ph.D.
ch...@mainecoon.com     AF6AP | DB00000692 | PG00029419