On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 09:25:31PM -0400, Ken Seefried wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Alexander Huemer via cctalk <
> cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 11:05:41PM +0800, Tom Hunter via cctalk wrote:
> > > FSF does not enforce anything.
> >
> > https://gpl-violations.org/
> > They do though.
> >
> > -Alex
> >

> Go to 'News' on that site and the last news about an enforcement action was
> from 2013.

True.
Though, Harald Welte, the person behind the project is still very active
in the free software community and surely happy to help.

> If you actually want to pursue GPL violations, especially if it's related
> to a non-FSF sponsored project, you'll have better luck with the EFF or
> appealing to someone like Popehat/Ken White to help find some *pro bono *
> representation.

That might be the case, I don't know these people.
There is also the SFC[1] who are currently attacking John Deere for
violating the GPL in their farm equipment[2], which is kind of a big
deal.

-Alex

[1] https://sfconservancy.org/
[2] https://lwn.net/Articles/926330/