I beg to differ with you.

I get download speeds over 100 Mbps regularly.  A lot of download speed is dependent on the site being downloaded from's upload speed.

Also, having very high speed internet allows for streaming on multiple devices.  Like when my wife watching something on the Roku TV and I'm in a zoom meeting.

On 5/5/2023 12:44 PM, ben via cctalk wrote:
On 2023-05-04 2:31 p.m., Mike Katz via cctalk wrote:
True but I don't miss 53K bps analog POTS modem speeds.

My Internet varies between 700Mbps and 950Mbps.  I don't miss analog modem days in the least.  There is no nostalgia there.

How ever the people  still use them. Fast internet is only good about 1? km from the router. Other than Netflix or Multiplayer games, what is really high speed internet needed for?
Ben.