On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 2:16 PM Sellam Abraham via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> But basically, Jobs never stole anything.  He was pretty much invited to
> take a look, and then entered into some sort of exclusivity deal (I may be
> wrong about this detail) to use Xerox tech.  Xerox upper execs didn't see a
> market in this kind of hardware; copiers were their game, so they didn't
> get what they had, and didn't care.  If anything, Apple should be thanked
> for taking what would have been deadend technology at Xerox and making a
> product with it.  Basically.

This isn't the story told by Adele Goldberg.     Jobs was invited for
sure.    I believe the finance side of Xerox wanted to invest in Apple.
It's not clear what Jobs was shown initially but he knew it wasn't
everything (because, drumroll, others had seen more).   He pushed and was
shown more.   Was Jobs considered special by Goldberg?   Possibly.   This
was the era where people were starting to leave Parc, disillusioned.
"Spreading the PARC RNA" is, I believe, how Simonyi? described it.   It is
possible Goldberg was already thinking about Parcplace and saw the risk of
showing too much to Jobs?