I know a great deal of writings by techno-historians, computer-industry
experts and technology enthusiasts concerning the Apple Mac, and now 40
years old, have covered this topic both on and off the net.  Unlike
originally stated I now feel that the MAC was an important change agent in
regards to the all-in-one computer landscape. Why Apple priced it
‘prohibitively’ high, particularly so here in Canada, I’m not sure.
Arguments such as an integrated ecosystem to securing a marketing and brand
loyalty come to mind. Certainly applies to the world of Apple doesn't it!
What I remember most from that time though was their 1984 Super Bowl
commercial! It went a long way to putting Apple and the microcomputer
industry on the mass-consumer market.

Murray 😊