On Wednesday, January 24, 2024 at 02:16:44 PM PST, Sellam Abraham via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

[...]

> But basically, Jobs never stole anything.  He was pretty much invited to
> take a look, and then entered into some sort of exclusivity deal (I may be
> wrong about this detail) to use Xerox tech.  Xerox upper execs didn't see a
> market in this kind of hardware; copiers were their game, so they didn't
> get what they had, and didn't care.  If anything, Apple should be thanked
> for taking what would have been deadend technology at Xerox and making a
> product with it.  Basically.

Not exactly. Xerox *did* have products based on the D-machines (DandeLion,
DandeTiger, etc).
They were a commercial failure. Allegedly (from a Lisp-machine user at the
time) at least in part because the Xerox sales force only knew how to sell
devices that had a toner hooper.

Wikipedia on the Daybreak (last D*-machine) says they were used extensively
withi Xerox until replaced by PCs r Sun workstations.