I have recently acquired a Qume Model 842 double sided 8" disk drive.

I have reset all of the settings to factory default and hooked it up to my greastweazle.

The drive works perfectly for double sided disks (using the appropriate index hole).

However, the greaseweasel reports no index pulse when I put a single sided diskette in the drive.  I have attempted to clean out the sensor for single sided diskettes to on avail.

Does any one have any ideas?

The grease weasel works perfectly when I connect SA-800 drives.

I have not yet tried installing terminating resistors in the Qume.

Thank you in advance for your help,

                      Mike