> The LINC exhibited at VCF 10.0 was one of two systems the fine folks of
the
> Washington University team who originally designed and built the LINC
> scraped together and got working in time for the Festival, and their
> presentation therein.  That system went with Bruce Damer to the DigiBarn
> (Bruce was instrumental in putting together the presentation for VCF X)
and
> then a few years ago went off to the System Source Museum in Maryland.

I can confirm that it is still on active display at System Source. Although
a bit off topic, I think the readers of the list would be happy to hear it
is more or less still functional. The power supply required some work (caps
and some failed parts on a regulator card as figured out by Dave Gesswein)
as did the LINCtape drives (new bearings, tension adjustments on the
belts), and probably some other things I'm forgetting. Early this year it
was successfully brought into LAP6 and played a game of Pong for the first
time in years :) Unfortunately the LINCtapes themselves have degraded and
started not reliably reading, so it was decided to not mess with them any
further until they could be imaged. I'm not sure if they've made any
progress since - most of this was from my visit back in January.

Regards,
CJ