I wonder why Paul didn't set it up to try and find a group willing to keep LCM
or the whole collection under a new museum first. Then have a provision that it
must be a non profit, and if it doesn't work, proceed to auction for charity.
BradSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Wayne S via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> Date: 2024-07-14  5:59 p.m.  (GMT-08:00) To: Wayne S
<wayne.su...@hotmail.com> Cc: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic
Posts" <cctalk@classiccmp.org>, Wayne S <wayne.su...@hotmail.com> Subject:
[cctalk] Re: LCM auction pre-notice The estate should just have given the
collection or parts of it directly to the charities if the charities were
equipped to dispose of it.Sent from my iPhone> On Jul 14, 2024, at 17:56, Wayne
S <wayne.su...@hotmail.com> wrote:> > Yes, but you still have to do the
paperwork. Declare the revenue you got for it and then the paperwork from the
charity acknowledging they received it and it’s value.  PITA> > Sent from my
iPhone> >> On Jul 14, 2024, at 17:12, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:>> >> >> >>>> On 7/14/2024 7:14 PM, Wayne S via
cctalk wrote:>>> Trying to compare a billionaire’s estate collection with
people like us is futile. Most of us collectors will die and our collection
wont be of interest to the IRS because it won’t amount to much. Pauls
collection, on the other hand, will be of interest simply because he called out
what to do with it when he dies (sell and proceeds to charity) and he’s a
billionaire so they look very closely at estate where there could be
significant tax revenue.>> >> There is probably no tax revenue if it all really
goes to charity.>> >> bill>>