I always figured hardware would be collectible but I wondered about printed
materials like magazines.  Although I did just see two copies of the Popular
Electronics issue that introduced the Altair go for $400 each..I also wonder
who I'm competing with.. do museums go and bid on ebay for stuff?Sent from my
Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Richard via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> Date: 2024-07-16  3:32 p.m.  (GMT-08:00) To:
cctalk@classiccmp.org Cc: Richard <legal...@xmission.com> Subject: [cctalk] Re:
Old vintage computing magazine/newsletters In article
<016c01dad7c9$a0948fe0$e1bdafa0$@techtimetraveller.com> you write:>Just a
'survey' sort of question - how much value do you guys put in vintage>copies of
old newsletters, magazines, etc.If I come across 'em, I scan 'em.I don't have
any personal nostalgia tied to them.>Someone has been selling them one at a
time>on ebay and they routinely go for $125+ each!All things vintage
computer-y, especially early personal computer ormicrocomputer stuff, has
become very much sought after.Who'da thunk that 286s would be sought after some
day.-- Richard--"The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline" free book
<http://tinyurl.com/d3d-pipeline>            The Terminals Wiki
<http://terminals-wiki.org>     The Computer Graphics Museum
<http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog)
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>