So, I'm trying to find out why speed=16 doesn't work for my
CRW4416S. and duh... the CRW4416S *IS* only a 4x write burner.

But... The burner is *actually* *supposed* to be a CRW2100SZ.
But it is reporting to the SCSI controller as a 4416S. Yep,
even the model number printed on the drive it self says
CRW2100SZ and the face plate matches the image for the
CRW2100SZ on yamaha's site.

Anybody else have this crazy problem? Looks like some idiot
put the wrong firmware on my drive (or maybe a batch of
drives.)

- Jeff