>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bill Davidsen)

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] offered the opinion:

>> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> >So, I'm trying to find out why speed=16 doesn't work for my
>> >CRW4416S. and duh... the CRW4416S *IS* only a 4x write burner.
>>
>> >But... The burner is *actually* *supposed* to be a CRW2100SZ.
>> >But it is reporting to the SCSI controller as a 4416S. Yep,
>> >even the model number printed on the drive it self says
>> >CRW2100SZ and the face plate matches the image for the
>> >CRW2100SZ on yamaha's site.
>>
>> Or somebody printed new labels on old drives to make extra money.

>Note the check of the faceplate... the chances of someone changing part
>numbers and the physical appearance of the drive is much smaller than
>the chance that some bozo installed the wrong firmware.

The question is whether the new drive has the same processor and a compatible
motherboeard to run the old firmware. This is much inlikely as Yamaha changed
the complete design (from a talk at CeBIT) to get better audio quality
and DAE speed.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling