Once again I appreciate everyone's input. I agree
ATAPI can be used for certain scenarios and it can
work well. Since in the future I will be burning discs
with some sort of medium changer (jukebox) and I will
be burning multiple DVD-Rs simultaneously (via
multiple drives) IDE is just not a solution that will
provide for my future growth (though based on people's
input it could be a short term solution).

In addition, with ATAPI I don't know of anyway to get
the drive external from the actual PC. As I stated
earlier I have valid concerns about temperature and
vibration from the PC.

Are those of you using the Pioneer A03 with IDE at
least happy with it? Does it seem like a solid drive?