>From: Anssi Saari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I have a performance problem writing audio discs at 16x in Linux. Cdrecord
>1.11a17 can just barely keep its fifo filled during the burn, mostly. Data
>burns are not a problem, 12x audio burns are also not a problem, or
>it seems I have barely enough horsepower to manage that, but burning
>from mp3s with on the fly decoding again has performance problems. Same
>problem happens when burning video-CDs with cdrdao 1.1.5, 12x fine, 16x
>problems. Top doesn't show any application taking very much CPU.

So you did not enable DMA.

You cannot write faster then 12x without DMA.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling

 FOKUS at CeBIT Hall 11, A14 - BerliOS at CeBIT Hall 11 D11 (Future Market)

 Meet me at CeBIT in Hall 11 D11 on the BerliOS booth - www.berlios.de