On Mar 12, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >From: Chris Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >Try increasing the fifo size to 16m or so (-fs=16m).  You may also
> >want to see if you can find a firmware upgrade for the CD-R drive.
>
> >Also running cdrecord at nice --19 (i.e., -19, not +19) or so will
> >help.  You have to do that as root, though.
>
> YOu can avoid to give wring advice when you read the cdreecord
> man page before sending mail....

Hey, it works for me.  His (and your) mileage may vary.  (He mentioned
in his email that DMA was enabled, so clearly your advice was no better...)

(And for the record, your man page says to use al least nice --18 "on
systems that don't have UNIX International compliant realtime
scheduling."  I haven't read POSIX.4 or this "UNIX International" spec
lately so I can't say if Linux 2.4.1X has it.)

Oh, I did typo the fs argument, as there's no dash.  Mea maxima culpa.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/