>From: Glenn Sieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>On 01:01 AM 4/3/2002 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>the current mkisofs & cdrecord-ProDVD should give you all you need for
>>Video DVDs. What is your problem?

>No no no :) Not his problem.. mine.. and it's not Video DVDs I'm having
>problems with. We've been using mkisofs on FreeBSD for almost 2 years now
>to create ISOs that we then haul over to a Windows machine to burn--now
>we're up to needing to burn DVDs, and the ISOs we create (so far up to
>1.8gig) don't seem to be "dvd-compatible" as far as the windows dvd burning
>software we've tried say...

>Nero seems to have a separate "dvd-iso" format, but what I don't get
>is--what's the difference between an ISO made for a CD and one made for a
>DVD? We typically use this command to make our ISOs:

>mkisofs -D -l -J -r -L -f -P "Lumeta Corporation" -V "Test Base" -o
>./Test-Base-04-02-2002.iso /home/ges/Directoryname_of_source_files

I don't understand your problem.

Did you read the README at ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/ProDVD/

Altough in theory a DVD requires UDF, all known systems acept ISO-o660 too.

Nero may not be the ultimate gauge to compare to....

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling