[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Glenn Sieb) quoted and then wrote:

>On 01:01 AM 4/3/2002 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>the current mkisofs & cdrecord-ProDVD should give you all you need for
>>Video DVDs. What is your problem?
>
>No no no :) Not his problem.. mine.. and it's not Video DVDs I'm having
>problems with. We've been using mkisofs on FreeBSD for almost 2 years now
>to create ISOs that we then haul over to a Windows machine to burn--now
>we're up to needing to burn DVDs, and the ISOs we create (so far up to
>1.8gig) don't seem to be "dvd-compatible" as far as the windows dvd burning
>software we've tried say...
>
>Nero seems to have a separate "dvd-iso" format, but what I don't get
>is--what's the difference between an ISO made for a CD and one made for a
>DVD? We typically use this command to make our ISOs:

Out of curiosity (since I have no involvement with DVDs)
do ISO9660 DVDs still use a 2048 byte sector size ?

Is anyone aware of a medium where ISO9660 is used with a
sector size greater than 2048 ?

How about a block size different from 2048 ?  ISO9660 seems
to allow any power of 2 down to 512 bytes, but all samples
I have seen use a block size and sector size both of 2048.