>From: Matthias Schniedermeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> Video DVDs. What is your problem?

>If i take a non-CSSed DVD (*1) What do i have to burn a DVD(-R)-Video

>mkisofs -udf -o image1.raw <path to dvd-contents>

>and then just burn this image to a DVD-R?

>If thats what it needs to burn a DVD-Video. Then it sounds much to easy.
>:-)

>From what I have been told, there must only be a set of files in the right
order:

                          VIDEO_TS.IFO
                          VIDEO_TS.VOB
                          VIDEO_TS.BUP
                          VTS_01_0.IFO
                          VTS_01_0.VOB
                          VTS_01_1.VOB
                          VTS_01_2.VOB
                          VTS_01_n.VOB (n less equal than 9)
                          VTS_01_0.BUP
                          VTS_02_0.IFO (second title set)
                          VTS_02_0.VOB
                          VTS_02_1.VOB
                          VTS_02_0.BUP

which may be obtained with the -sort option of mkisofs.

>*1: AFAIK there is no tool available to create the data-files for a
>    DVD-Video (*.ifo, *.vob ..) So i can just use the contents of
>    another DVD-Video to get the necessary data-files.

This seems to be the main problem :-(
But it is not directly related to cdrecord or mkisofs. If you have the
needed files you enter the scope of cdrtools and will be able to write
the Video DVD.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling