> Here's the results of our testing of the HP 100i and 200i Drives under
> Linux.
>
> DVD+RW:
>
>  but deleting
>  requires a re-format, and re-writing.
              ^^^^^^^^^ Re-format is not required. Moreover re-format
has a side effect. It looks like lead-in gets moved closer to center
with every re-format and if you re-format many times you start getting
positioning errors in the beginning of the disk and after several more
reformats the disk gets rendered totally useless. So don't reformat,
just write over.

> DVD+R:
>
> ONLY the 200i will Write and Read DVD+R.

Clearly cdrecord doesn't do what's required. I'll get 200i soon and
we'll see then.

A.