On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> -     Star has a lot of features I use every day that are missing in
>       GNU tar.

This is the main problem. you wrote star primarily for yourself for
feature you yourself needed, not for other users...

I think a lot of people are turne off of star because the command switches
are different. star isn't a "drop-in" replacement.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]