Hi Tommy,

looks like a good starting point for some discussion. Just to help me
think through some of the issues, is there any chance you could add a
usage example illustrating how this system would deal with a model made
from the combination of a bunch of papers (i.e., a single model where
each component defines a new citation). I'm guessing this would be done
by adding each of the components as separate models and then importing
them into a single model?

Another usage example that might be interesting to look at would be a
model author adding a local CellML 1.1 model hierarchy to a remote
repository and how all the import href's are handled in this case (i.e.,
imports throughout the model hierarchy might consist of a mix of
relative, http, and file URLs).

And another usage example might be the searching for models built using
a specific set of data. It will hopefully become standard practice to
annotate variable values with their source, where the source may be some
data from a different article than the model's publication.

Thanks,
David.

Tommy Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written down some of my thoughts on how the model repository could be
> put together.
>
> http://www.cellml.org/Members/tommy/repository_redesign.html
>
> It is still a pretty rough document.  The usage example section gives a rough
> outline on what I see people might be doing with the repository and how this
> design could address those issues, which I think it will be of interest to
> users.  It is not an exhaustive list, yet.
>
> I must also note the design outlined is quite a drastic departure from what
> we have now (it will be yet another new repository).  However, it is more
> true to the one envisioned before according to
> http://www.cellml.org/wiki/CellMLModelRepositories, except I have an addition
> layer that will assist in pulling content and drawing relationships between
> models.
>
> Feel free to take it apart and/or build on top of it.
>
> Cheers,
> Tommy.

David Nickerson, PhD
Research Fellow