David Nickerson wrote:
> Hi Tommy,
>
> looks like a good starting point for some discussion. Just to help me
> think through some of the issues, is there any chance you could add a
> usage example illustrating how this system would deal with a model made
> from the combination of a bunch of papers (i.e., a single model where
> each component defines a new citation). I'm guessing this would be done
> by adding each of the components as separate models and then importing
> them into a single model?

It depends on how the model is cited.

If the creator of the model that binds all the separate models together based
his/her model on a published paper, that citation would be used.  If not, it
can only reside inside the user's directory as a filename of his choice, that
imports the other models.

Yes, creator of model would have to import the components.

> Another usage example that might be interesting to look at would be a
> model author adding a local CellML 1.1 model hierarchy to a remote
> repository and how all the import href's are handled in this case (i.e.,
> imports throughout the model hierarchy might consist of a mix of
> relative, http, and file URLs).

The model repository shouldn't be responsible for users importing from file://
and other non-existent URIs.  I will create detail use cases for this, but in
the case of http URIs, I can think of checking for a pre-approved list of
hostnames that models can be imported from.

> And another usage example might be the searching for models built using
> a specific set of data. It will hopefully become standard practice to
> annotate variable values with their source, where the source may be some
> data from a different article than the model's publication.

That's using the metadata, right?  If the creator of the model does annotate
components properly (e.g. giving some comment to cmeta:id of some component of
some file) it will be searchable (provided that the creator publishes that
model).

Thanks for your inputs,
Tommy.