The idea is to cache rbd at a host level. Also could be possible to cache
at the osd level. We have high iowait and we need to lower it a bit, since
we are getting the max from our sas disks 100-110 iops per disk (3TB
osd's), any advice? Flashcache?

On Thursday, July 2, 2015, Jan Schermer <j...@schermer.cz> wrote:

> I think I posted my experience here ~1 month ago.
>
> My advice for EnhanceIO: don’t use it.
>
> But you didn’t exactly say what you want to cache - do you want to cache
> the OSD filestore disks? RBD devices on hosts? RBD devices inside guests?
>
> Jan
>
> > On 02 Jul 2015, at 11:29, Emmanuel Florac <eflo...@intellique.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > Le Wed, 1 Jul 2015 17:13:03 -0300
> > German Anders <gand...@despegar.com <javascript:;>> écrivait:
> >
> >> Hi cephers,
> >>
> >>   Is anyone out there that implement enhanceIO in a production
> >> environment? any recommendation? any perf output to share with the
> >> diff between using it and not?
> >
> > I've tried EnhanceIO back when it wasn't too stale, but never put it in
> > production. I've set up bcache on trial, it has its problems (load is
> > stuck at 1.0 because of the bcache_writeback kernel thread, and I
> > suspect a crash was due to it) but works pretty well overall.
> >
> > --

*German Anders*
Storage System Engineer Leader
*Despegar* | IT Team