On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:04 PM, David Turner <drakonst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One realm is called public with a zonegroup called public-zg with a zone for
> each datacenter.  The second realm is called internal with a zonegroup
> called internal-zg with a zone for each datacenter.  they each have their
> own rgw's and load balancers.  The needs of our public facing rgw's and load
> balancers vs internal use ones was different enough that we split them up
> completely.  We also have a local realm that does not use multisite and a
> 4th realm called QA that mimics the public realm as much as possible for
> staging configuration stages for the rgw daemons.  All 4 realms have their
> own buckets, users, etc and that is all working fine.  For all of the
> radosgw-admin commands I am using the proper identifiers to make sure that
> each datacenter and realm are running commands on exactly what I expect them
> to (--rgw-realm=public --rgw-zonegroup=public-zg --rgw-zone=public-dc1
> --source-zone=public-dc2).
>
> The data sync issue was in the internal realm but running a data sync init
> and kickstarting the rgw daemons in each datacenter fixed the data
> discrepancies (I'm thinking it had something to do with a power failure a
> few months back that I just noticed recently).  The metadata sync issue is
> in the public realm.  I have no idea what is causing this to not sync
> properly since running a `metadata sync init` catches it back up to the
> primary zone, but then it doesn't receive any new users created after that.

Sounds like an issue with the metadata log in the primary master zone.
Not sure what could go wrong there, but maybe the master zone doesn't
know that it is a master zone, or it's set to not log metadata. Or
maybe there's a problem when the secondary is trying to fetch the
metadata log. Maybe some kind of # of shards mismatch (though not
likely).
Try to see if the master logs any changes: should use the
'radosgw-admin mdlog list' command.

Yehuda