AMEN Brother Mark!! ;o)

However, I don't feel that going back to an "Ozzy and Harriet" stereotyped
family unit is necessarily the answer. Time and history have proven that
the more repressive a society is, the more licentious the 'underbelly' of
that society. (Think of the Black Market, or the Libertine Society in
Victorian England.) But, neither am I advocating a 'permissive' society. A
balance is what is sorely lacking. Yes, let little Johnny express himself,
but give him enforcable and enforced limitations - but make those
limitations sensible ones.

Umm, I think I'll get off my soapbox now, while I still can. ;o)

The Other Judith

Mark Stewart put into words:
>As an avid hunter (I've been shooting guns since I was 10) and a very
>proud prior military (SGT - 5th Special Forces Group - FT. Campbell, KY) I
>thought I would chime-in on this topic...
>
>I honestly think it comes down to one thing. Our society today does
>everything and anything it can to blame their problems or wrong-doings on
>something or someone else. Wake the F*CK up and take responsibility for
>your actions!!! Video games are no more responsible for violence than guns
>are, period! We live in a time where morals and values don't mean a damn
>thing anymore. If someone gets so violent and irrational that they pick up
>a gun, pipe, bat, knife, rope, c4, tnt, arsanic, rat poison, etc. and go
>kill or mame another human being, I think it's safe to say that the person
>has much bigger issues than simply owning a gun or violent video game. It
>sounds so simple. But why then, has nobody tried to tackle that issue -
>being responsible for your actions??? Poor guy, he would have never killed
>that person if it wasn't because of Doom. Give me a break. Poor guy my
>a$$. Maybe we could use people like that for the guilatine experiment
>mentioned earlier. The more we blame our problems on other things and
>other people, this world will only get more violent.

Judith Taylor
ICQ: 67460562
Freelance ColdFusion Developer - Athens, OH

Friends don't let friends code before coffee.