From: Larry Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 8:01 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: re: Turning on and off lights via the web (this is so cool)

Jeffry,

There's a CFX in the developer's gallery that allows you to do exactly this,
provided you have an X-10 system installed. Here's the link and description:
http://devex.allaire.com/developer/gallery/info.cfm?ID=CA347286-2830-11D4-AA
9700508B94F380&method=Full

CFX_X10 makes it possible to control devices in your home of office (e.g.,
Lights, Toasters, Coffee Makers, etc.) from any web browser. This tag sends
direct commands to a serial port device on the server, which then transmits
the commands across the existing house wiring.

I'm looking at setting something like this up at home, just as soon as the
phone company sets up our DSL connection. Then again, knowing the proclivity
of some of my friends for practical jokes, it may not be such a good idea.

regards,
larry

--
Larry C. Lyons