>> I'm so sick and #$*^%%^ tired of these whimpy little
>> "I'll have a half-caf decaf mocha with Ceylonese cinnamon
>> and extra foam" monthly facial dermabrasion and mud pack
>> so-called "men" that I could vomit!

Well what sort of macho bullshit is this??   If you'd have said this to half
the people involved in this thread... you'd have been beaten or shot!! :^)

Whatever happened to 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will
never harm me'... It's a bloody lie, because you'll get your head beaten in
for saying one remark, which could have been meant in jest.

Angel.. Respect due for that email.   I think your sentiments are pretty
much felt here in Australia too.  We're a pretty passive country, we don't
shoot someone for a wayward comment, we'll buy them a beer!!   We don't have
a similar history to the US, there were no wars in Australia that sparked
federation etc etc.   Hell,  there'd be no chance of an assassination here,
because we'd be too concerned about missing out on a schooner!!  :^)  One
thing that we are good at here, is taking the piss out of ourselves and each
other.   So, like those bars in Trinidad, there is a lot of comments put
out.. But it's not taken as disrespect or offence.. It doesn't end in blood
and tears.

Adam, by definition of your words, I'm a pussy.  But you know what...
Everyone loves a pussy!!   You can call me that to my face, you can call me
what you like.  But I don't care.  Because words will not make me want to
smash someones face in.  In 34 years, I have never been involved in a fist
fight, and I'm proud to say that.  Because it doesn't achieve anything.  I
have avoided it by not associating with the caveman/neanderthal types, by
laughing at/with people, by ignoring sledging on the soccer fields.  If
someone comes and picks a fight with me, then I'll walk away.  If they thump
first... Who does that make wrong?   Who gets the respect then?   And what
the hell does it achieve.

The fact that people retaliate to some drunken words, or insults in a sports
game, put them, IMHO, straight to the same level as the people who whip out
a gun, or Road Ragers for that matter.

Man, it's JUST WORDS!   Probably from a guy that doesn't even know what they
mean??

And I'm sorry... But I don't believe that beating a guy is a way of gaining
respect...  It makes you a thug and a bully like them, and quite frankly I
wouldn't want to associate with people like that.

So, we're never ever going to solve these problems... Between 'macho men'
and just 'men'.  Quite frankly I'm happy just to be a man.   'Man' doesn't
mean I have to prove it to anyone.  'Man' means I have something dangling
between my legs and a goatee beard!!!  It's our minds and upbringings that
put the 'macho' into the equation.

Now, anyone for a stubby and a prawn off the barbie?   You can all come, but
leave the guns, and quick-fire mouths at home eh!   Any fighting and you'll
be asked to leave!!  :^)

Nick