Yes...err...no...err...maybe, actually I don't know.

I kicked the cable guy off my property when he drilled through my hardwood
floors and I rewired everything myself (along with the cat5 for my network.)
I tried to match the same splitter they had used. I think it had something
about 1.2 GHz on it, and I believe the individual db's are what you can
expect to lose/impedance(?)  I don't know too much about any of this, but I
can tell you the cable input on the TVs sometimes puts out a better picture
than what I get if I switch to the digital cable box, so it all seems to be
holding up alright.  And another trick I learned was to use the caps they
give you for the unused extensions on the splitters, this is also "supposed"
to make a big deal. I could be falling prey to marketing-speak, but my
network integrity is pretty important to me.  (I am a GenNext male after
all.)

And, my upload speed is also severely capped versus my download speeds on my
cable modem (RoadRunner through brightHouse, which used to be TimeWarner.)
I think they try to get you to upload to business class if you want the good
stuff->

Tyler

   _____