you're asking me about Larry's post. But my answer would be, you signed up. If when she turns 18 Lara still wants to sign up, I will probably still think it a bad idea. But it will no longer be my call and she will have my support if she goes, just like anyone else who does.

Please understand that I don't want my children drafted simply because I don't want them in harm's way. As I said, hard-wired mama-bear stuff. Beyond that though I question what a Bush administration does with its troops. I can conceive of a necessary draft, but this isn't it.

Dana