----- Original Message -----
From: Deanna Schneider
>> Except that a lot of vegetarians aren't vegetarians because of animal
rights. A lot of them do it for health reasons, or for taste. I don't eat
beef or pork, but it's not because I think killing a cow is wrong.<<

Excellent point, thanks, I did not know that. I suppose I am very ignorant when it comes to the vegetarian's reasoning. After thinking about it, I only know one vegetarian and he is very 'animal rights' oriented --- pretty narrow view ...

Mad cow disease is supposedly more common than reported - (rumor of course) ... It makes sense though. Look at the millions of dollars that have been lost due to the cases that HAVE BEEN reported. The lengths at which those would go to cover up this kind of stuff would not surprise me. It means big money for the industry to be hush hush about it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

-Greg