----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Landers"
> Mad cow disease is supposedly more common than reported - (rumor of
course) ... It makes sense though. Look at the millions of dollars that have
been lost due to the cases that HAVE BEEN reported. The lengths at which
those would go to cover up this kind of stuff would not surprise me. It
means big money for the industry to be hush hush about it. Does anyone have
any thoughts on this issue?

Our testing regulations regarding mad cow suck. Compared to Europe and
Japan, we are totally lax. It's pretty broadly accepted that if we were to
test every cow, we'd find more mad cow disease. But, we don't. (Our food
safety expert said she only buys local, organic beef now.)

I'm also concerned about all the hormones and such that are used in meat and
dairy production. We've switched to organic milk. We're still buying
commercial cheese cause organic is so expensive. But, I'm waffling on
that....