-----Original Message-----
From: Harkins, Patrick

Bah. SUVs have higher and harder bumpers than other cars. It's almost
like
they are designed to do more damage. People are already stupid in cars.
We
don't need anything that increases their sense of invulnerability. The
sad
thing is they are mostly right. In an SUV you are more or less
invulnerable.
I'm sure the guy who hit Michael was relatively unscathed. The big
motivator
for driving an SUV is a sense of power and for this the environment gets
screwed. Engineering improvements aside, if you don't need it, then it's
overkill, with the emphasis on the kill part. I enjoy riding in an SUV
as
much as the next person, but let's be honest for 30 seconds: we're all
in
friggin denial over this s**t, and it ain't getting any better! Maybe
rather
than banning them, people could simply be required to demonstrate a need
that is not an ego need!
-Pat.

--
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.