Good advice from Doug.

My lovely bride is away, but once she gets back we'll be going to see it.
My problem with Moore lately is just that he's become such an ass.

His earlier stuff was brilliant ("Roger and Me" and sublime "TV Nation" -
the story on North Dakota tourism alone is worth the price of the box set).
With them he used humor to expertly slide in things that he felt you should
know.  You were never berated or beaten over the head and he never preached.

Lately his work has seemed, to me, to be much more preachy and
condescending.  I still like it, but just don't feel like he's "on my side"
any longer (since I pride myself on not having a side that's not a huge loss
however).  His zeal has turned him into a caricature of himself and he seems
fundamentally less approachable that he was.

It's got to be hard to immerse yourself in such gut wrenching topics for
such long periods of time.  It's clear he's feeling powerless and is using
his work to lash out.

Ah well. I've still got "The Daily Show" for my fix of informative
irreverence.

Jim Davis