I use a somewhat unconventional homeopathic allergy remedy that was suggested by
a Pharmacy student one time, and it turned out to be not only the cheapest, but
the most effective of anything I have ever used.

Purchase a bottle of gneric sterile saline solution from any pharmacy.   (1 pint
is usually less that a dollar)  When allergies start to flare up, take an
eyedropper and thoroughly irrigate the nasal cavity.  This might sound messy,
and I guess it could be.    When allergies are at their worst, I will do this
twice a day.  To my surprise, I have nearly eliminated allergic reactions and do
not have to take any drugs or suffer their side-effects.  Add to this regular
hand washing and face rinsing, which will remove allergens that you transmit to
the nasal cavities by rubbing or touching your face throughout the day.  I used
to have horrible atttcks just after mowing the lawn, etc.

Doug