At 11:51 6/29/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>The Sox are a great team to root for, despite their losing record...
>well,... every year since 1918.  The crowds are great, the atmosphere is
>energetic, and yes, it's more fun when Yankees fans are in the park
>(especially when they get escorted out of the bleachers sections for
>riling up the crowd or starting fights).   It's these kinds of things
>that attracts players like Curt Schilling to come play for us - well,
>not the fighting, but the other stuff.  He LOVES playing in Boston more
>than any Sox player I've ever seen.  I guess maybe that's why he hasn't
>lost a game at Fenway yet.
>
>We'll see tonight if the Sox can make their record 7 out of 8 against
>the Yankees this season. :-)
>
>Robyn

According to Jim Caple, Boston native and ESPN Page 2 writer, the fans at
Fenway are more crude and slightly less knowledgeable about the game then
the fans at Yankee Stadium.  Of course that is one man's opinion but I
praise him for his journalistic integrity for being able to see past his
own allegiances.  My own HS friends have also echoed that sentiment.

I respect Pedro (would have made a great Yankee when he was the most
dominate pitcher in the game a couple of years ago) and do not think ill of
him when he threw down Don Zimmer; he just defended himself.  I also
respect Schilling, because I think he is more geek (like us) then he is
dumb jock.  Plus he can pitch!

Tonight will be interesting.  Let's see if our over-prices veterans can
beat your over-priced veterans.