Mike, maybe not...

This article seems to identify the senator with a child in Iraq as Tim
Johnson of South Dakota.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/special/iraq/1840203

The picture on this congressman's website does not at all resemble the
man in this still from the movie

http://johnson.senate.gov/

http://www.fahrenheit911.com/about/clips/
(large central photo)