The issue with this is that Turkey would have crushed any independant Kurdish state in Northern Iraq.  the Southern part of Turkey is mainly Kurdish, and there were already tensions that they wanted to be a separtate entity from Turkey as well.  So that aspect alone would have thrown the entire region into chaos...  The only way to preserve stablility in that part of the world is through force.  The new Iraq will have to have a strong military presense to keep the dogs of jihad at bay.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Stanley
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 9:12 AM
  Subject: RE: George W. Bush, a great president

  Oh, I would have had Saddam killed, assassinated, as well as his family.
  Then I would have supported an independent kurdish state that would have
  destabilized the whole region. This would have allied me close with India
  because Pakistan would have been pissed. Then I would use India as a puppet
  to keep Pakistan in line while part of their country became part of the
  Kurdish state. Then I would recognize the kurdish state and provide
  immediate and complete military support. They love us there, and they have
  tons of oil, and they are not Arabs. Then between Israel and New Kurdistan
  the US presence in the middle east would be huge. The Shiites and the Sunis
  wouldnt be able to agree on anything and would form their own, lesser
  countries.

  That's about it.