>From my understanding, Delta Force and other American special Op's may be
well trained but have had little or no real action. Also, the CIA have
relied heavily and almost exclusively on technology (spy sats etc) to gain
intelligence. On the ground intelligence or operatives are a different
matter, and essential for these kind of operations. I wouldn't be surprised
to see MI5 and the SAS involved in these actions.  The one advantage of
having to deal with the IRA over the years is that we haven't gone the route
of the Americans when it comes to these things.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 September 2001 14:28
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: George W. Bush

Wars, battles, conflicts, whatever you want to call them are not clean
and innocent. You have to remember who you're dealing with. We're not
dealing with rational people and this is not conventional. In dealing
with normal, rational, civilized nations, you can deal with them in a
much different way, such as sanctions. But terrorists conduct themselves
in a much different way. For this reason, this "war against terrorism"
will be fought like no other war we've seen. This is unconventional
warfare in the truest sense. Sure, there will be strategic bombings. But
for the most part, you'll see or hear of sergical strikes by people on
the ground with use of Special Ops teams like Special Forces, Rangers,
Seals and Delta Force and a few others that you didn't even knew
existed. Being a former member of the Special Ops community in my former
life, I can say that any strike we do will be well planned and very
surgical. Some will succeed and some will not. But believe me, our
forces will not be going in blindly. I applaud our leaders, military and
civilian, for the jobs they're doing.

As far as innocent civilians being killed... It's unavoidable. Our
military and government leaders will do everything possible to limit the
killing of innocent people.

Mark