I see you haven't been on the beltway for a while. during morning rush
hour its almost a parking lot - the whole thing tends to be like what
you found on i-270.

Just darned glad I don't have to do that ugly commute any more. These
days its drink coffee and read the paper until just before 8, then get
to work 5 minutes later.

larry