I guess with a billion dollars or 2 u can buy a 20 foot tall concrete wall with spikes and razor blades and electric wires at the top

if there's money left, a Mace sprinkler system on the top.  muwhahaha

:D

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Doug White
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 9:52 AM
  Subject: Re:Border security, WAS Look Out New York!!

  Mainstream press finally picks up story

  http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/US/border_worries_040730-1.html

  Doug

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: dana tierney
    To: CF-Community
    Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 4:16 PM
    Subject: Re: Look Out New York!!

    ::nod:: I do not want my skepticism to cause me to dismiss a real
    possibility. I went looking for that story about the mayor of Laredo
    and did not find it. Possibly I simply did not find it. I do hear a
    lot of chatter about Arabs on the Mexican border but I hear it on a
    paranoid far-right list where I lurk. No place else. The Clear Channel
    interview could be right, but... the politics of the owners make me
    wonder.

    I hate to discuss specific tactics as this conceivably might help
    someone trying to hurt the United States, but both the northern and
    southern borders are wide open in the west, except that in the South
    you have Mexican checkpoints, Border Patrol checkpoints and
    life-threatening desert conditions. I mean, it was 109 here yesterday.
    Not a day for a hike.

    Now, which way would *you* try to come in?

    Dana