The other companies were run by Technical people, MS was being run by
business people who paid well(not just tech) and made deals to get
themselves ahead. You can call it playing dirty, I call it business.

Sure at some point somebody else would have finally gotten it going. But at
the time there was no other company who was capable, they didn't have
people who could sell investors like MS could, they couldn't make deals
with Hardware manufactures like they could.

I am not saying we wouldn't have moved along, but it would have been
slower. You have to understand what MS made. They made things easy, and
noticeable. They got a Rolling Stones song, they paid for commercials. They
really didn't have any competitors at the time. IBMs stock was way low and
OS2 sucked, they didn't have any money to market. Apples stock wasn't doing
nearly as well as MS, and by 1995 they were in no position to compete. Back
in the early 80s they were all at about the same spot. Apple stayed with MS
until the late 80s early 90s. At that point they split.

MS was able to get businesses to buy their products because they were
easier to manage. Which meant you could pay less for the people. It also
meant some businesses could now finally afford to purchase it.

Soon people started to put computers at home. MS saw this and developed a
product for the home user that was cheap and familiar. People bought it. MS
made a wizard which made it easy to connect to the Internet, people did.
Other companies didn't have the cash or the personal to do this.

This may be because of MS playing dirty, but what it really comes down to
is company management. MS could the others couldn't.

At some point you have to look past the technical aspects of this. Sure
other people were better but nobody knew about them because they didn't
make themselves known. They didn't make themselves known because they
didn't know how.