> S. Isaac Dealey wrote:
>> Why is it you'd rather these people not get a trial? ...
>> It seems like
>> these are conditions in which no jury would ever allow
>> them to slide,
>> so ... it doesn't seem as though the jury system would
>> fail in these
>> cases.

> Are you implying that a jury that does something else as
> convict the suspect by definition takes the wrong
> decision? Isn't that why there is a jury, to weight a case
> on its merits and let somebody of the hook if they believe
> he is innocent?

No I'm just saying that I would find it surprising to see a case where
a jury found someone involved in the hijacking of an airplane or
taking hostages (as examples) innocent particularly after lives had
been lost. Although I could see a theoretical possibility of someone
receiving a lenient sentence for aiding terrorists because their
actions are motivated by fear for their own safety. Anyone holding a
gun in these situations is more than just aiding, but I think we still
need a jury to make those decisions.

s. isaac dealey     954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with