Gruss Gott wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Jochem van Dieten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Please remove my email address when you quote me, the archives are public.

>> I do not consider those that attack a military force that occupies
>> their country terrorists.
>
> Exactly, and the Dinowitzs just made an argument in agreement.
>
> They said that the Irgun was due the land the British were occupying,
> so it was ok to blow up their military and administrative center.
> The assumption is anybody can declare themselves a soldier, declare
> anyone with a military uniform an enemy, and blow them up.  Personally I
> see this all as terrorism.

Terrorism is rather narrowly defined as terrorising a society through illegal violence for the advancement of a political agenda. Attacking military targets in an occupied territory might terrorise a military, but not a society on the other side of the world.

Jochem