As a nit pick here, Evolution has more support than almost every other
scientific law, except for gravity. It has been held to a higher
standard for good reason.

The problem I see occurring here is how the word Theory is defined.

In North America Theory means a proposition, or something slightly
better than an educated guess. But theory also means a detailed
predictive model of some event that has more explanatory power than
previous models.The theory can be mathematically or logically based or
both.  It also has to explain how it can be rejected and is only
tentatively accepted. A theory is discarded if  the pattern of
empirical data does not support the model.

Accordingly you have a mechanism called Evolution, which is simply put
the change in allele frequencies over time, in strictly biological
terms. You also have a theory of Evolution, a model to explain the
mechanism of Evolution.

larry