On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:49:41 -0400, Won Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 12:41 9/29/2004 -0400, you wrote:

> While I'm not saying that it is the same or it isn't, I'm curious what you
> think is the difference between taking the word of a scientist and taking
> the word of some religious text is.

Simply put, Verifiability. How do we know that when a bacteriologist
grows a sample of bacterial strain x in a certain type of medium and
subject it to specific reagents, he gets reaction Y. Why because he
reports in detail what he did. In enough detail so that any
knowledgable individual with the same equipment and materials will get
the same or a very similar results (have to leave room for
experimental error).

Is there the same level of verifiability in the bible? or the Koran,
Book of the Dead, etc.

larry